The aumhaa Website has been transported, please go here instead:

We don't hang around here anymore.....

Search This Blog


New Direction

I spent some time over the last couple of weeks designing an amended version of the APC40 script.  It adds some new functionality and improves on some of the old;  I'm still testing it out as time allows, but you can look for it in the near future. 

I've made some decisions about the future direction of my patches, after having made some further (awesome) discoveries about ways I can manipulate the _Framework scripts to my own end.  Bottom line:  in the version 1 release of Monomodular, all the heavy lifting will be done by the Remote Script itself.  There will be no host patches, only client patches.  All you'll have to do is install the Remote Script for your particular device.   More details as I have time to do some testing (and hopefully this is not a huge waste of time!).

Also in the (hopefully not too distant) future:  support for Livid's Code.  They were kind enough to send me some hardware to work with, so you can expect a new Script for it, and some Monomod patches as well.  I've got several cool ideas about how to incorporate this thing into Monomod.  Of course, you're at the mercy of my own whims and workflows.  Anybody out there already have one of these things?  I'm curious how people are using them right now....

Of course, this all depends on me getting fired from one of my day jobs (but don't fret....I'm working on it!).


Some observations about the 8.22 update and m4l

Just a quick note...I've spent last night fixing some things that got broken with the most recent updates of Max and Live, and I thought I might mention a few things that I found.

I was very disappointed at first that all of my LCD patches were broken for my controllers.  That is:  it was no longer possible to get the actual value of a parameter by calling an objects 'mapped_parameter' from a 'control' in 'control_surfaces'.  Instead of giving you the parameter value (e.g. '-23 db' instead of the 0.0 to 1.0 that you can get from parsing it from the 'live_set'), it gives you the idea of the mapped parameter in the live_set.  After mucking about with it for a while, I realized this would do me no good in this instance, because there is no current way now to get this info ('-23 db' instead of float 0. to 1.). 

However, this is great news:  this means that most of the work I did in the Python scripts to gain backend access to the scripts is now unnecessary, as you can do all of this stuff directly in m4l.  I think this means I'll be able to ammend the Ohm64 scripts to make them much more readable and configurable in the future.

As far as the problem of getting the verbose value of a control, that has been managed within my Python scripts now.  Its very annoying to me that this information STILL is not available to the user from within m4l as a standard asset, but at least there is a workaround.  I'll continue working as time permits, and hopefully have some updates in coming weeks.

There are a lot of other features in the new updates that should make my patches much more efficient at what they do, so I'm hoping to have a little time to spend on them.

Cheers :)