The aumhaa Website has been transported, please go here instead:

We don't hang around here anymore.....

Search This Blog


Nothing but the black Abyss of the bean.

Yeah, so I've been drinking too much coffee lately.  It makes me feel nice.  Till about the fourth cup, anyway....

I've put up the first two parts of some video tutorials I shot last weekend.  They just detail some information about the new Monomodular functions, and give an account of what Binary does.  I've shot some footage for EndCoders as well, but I may reshoot it before I get around to actually putting it up.

I've been retooling my studio a bit, and trying to make some music.  These processes are both exceedingly rewarding and discouraging at the same time.  Perdurabo!

I'm currently spending the most amount of time testing and refining things with the new suite, and finishing up the Looper plugin I've been working on for the last several months.  Its closer to being done now than I thought it would be....I've finally managed to get the tricky timing bits worked out.  I'll put some video of the process up as soon as I get some free time.

On the horizon for b993:

iPad TouchOSC template/new Script with only the 256 Monomodular screen (I need this myself).
AumPad speed improvements.
Python speed improvements (for some reason refresh calls are getting made way too many times ever since b991).
New Alt functions for Monomod:  Mute plugin, Disable plugin.  Taking additional suggestions on these.
Looper Plugin.
Monome support rewrite.
Improvements and bug-fixes for Binary and (especially) EndCoders.
Grid-based snapshot support for EndCoders.

Hopefully, though, the next thing I release is music instead of code ;)


edit:: Oh, I almost forgot.  Markus Naumann has produced some further tutorial videos for you to watch, hosted on his YouTube site here:

Thanks Markus!


Sole Bugs

I spent last night setting up my live rig with the new b992 stuff, and getting ready to make some tutorials/exhibitions.  I found some serious bugs with the new MIDI additions right off, so spent the rest of the evening fixing (I think) those issues.  I'm packaging them now, and they'll be included in the b992 content if you download it again.

I'm still figuring out the best way to manage all these changes.  I had been deleting the older versions in the packages and including new ones, but I've decided to change how I'm doing things.  Until the official b992 release happens (the 'sole bugs' remix, because at that point they will all be on the bottom of my shoe), I'm merely going to add new versions to the package with their corresponding revision number.  Make sure to check out each package and see what has changed.

Latest changes:
Fixed Nome support for multichannel plugs (Plinko, Monotes, Binary).
Fixed MIDI through behavior for Monotes (input should have been transmitted to assigned output channel when 'Thru' was turned on).
Fixed external timing receive for all plugins (it was only working for channel 1).
Added 16 Channel NomeOut plugin to package.
Restored Swing8 to package (but still need to create offset controls, since there are 16 channels now).
Fixed MIDI preferences so the lh_midi port is recalled correctly between saves/sessions.
Added line to LaunchMod script so that when in ModMode, 'Magic Rectangle' is removed.

New versions are up; download and reinstall as usual.

Check back later today, there should be some videos up for the new b992 patches.


edit :: I didn't come up with any videos I liked today....I did try, though.  Soon....I'm still finding bugs and learning the new devices.  And I'm terribly out of practice at this stuff.

I did commit another edit, b992r7, for some of the devices tonight.  I think this one finally has solved all the MIDI/Nome bugs that have been plaguing me (mainly just reinit states for the last 24 hours...that one appears to be solved now).