The aumhaa Website has been transported, please go here instead:









http://www.aumhaa.com








We don't hang around here anymore.....

Search This Blog

28.10.11

Just a few more colors.

I've compiled everything for b992 into a working installer for OSX.  I've tested it on a couple of computers besides my dev machine, but honestly, there is so much new content, I just don't have time to test everything all at once.  Besides, I have a nasty cold, and a weekend full of shows coming up.

So instead of the painstaking testing I'd planned to do before releasing this version, I'm going to release it now and you can do the testing yourself.  As I find issues (and I know there probably will be plenty), I'll fix them and post them here.  As I find time to document things, I'll add it to the current content.  As I find time to FINISH all the stuff I wanted to get done in this version, I'll update it to the current content.

If you are on OSX, I've created a simple OSA installer that will put the files where they go, but you have to point it to the right places.  As I make changes and post them, you can easily just reuse the installer to overwrite the last subversion.  The installer will overwrite any previous files and folders with the default names that they were installed as.  Keep in mind, if you make custom Mod presets you'll want to put them somewhere else, as this process will overwrite them the next time you update your Monomodular install.

Refer to the readme file per changes....I'm afraid its quite incomplete at the moment, but rest assured I'm working on all this stuff daily.

Stuff that didn't get finished:

Mainly, I haven't had a chance to sit down with every controller and write a color map for it.  Color map support is included now, which basically means that each patch can have its own custom color map for every controller it supports.  As an example:  TR256 play position indicator.  On a monochrome, it should be 'off'.  On a RGB, it could be any color that is different from the length indicator.  Etc.  The color map attributes allows the patcher to set a different color map for each controller type, even within the same patch.  I've been trying to figure out a convenient way to do this for a while, and finally discovered the 'save()' function inside js.  Duh.  Anyway, the attribute is now supported, but I have 4 color maps for every single patch that need to be written and tested now, and quite frankly, it takes a lot of time.  I'll be working on them as I have time, and publishing updating them to the release as I get them done.

Documentation.  Yeah, I know.  I suck at documentation.  If its any consolation, I'll be spending the majority of the b993 cycle writing documentation instead of patching.  In the meantime, I'll film some videos as soon as time permits (earliest, by the beginning of next week) explaining how the new scripts work.  Of course I'd love some help, but since there is no documentation to refer to (doh!) I don't expect any.

The APC20 and 40 scripts are largely the same as the stock ones.  There are some notes about their operation in the readme.

The new BlockMod script works largely the same as the MonOhm script, with a few exceptions due to space.

The Codec script will get some updates as I actually have a chance to use it and find out what works and what doesn't as far as ergonomics and needs.

As always, thanks for the support and kind words, and I sincerely hope some of you enjoy the new Mods I've created in this version.

Happy Blinking :)

a

for OSX installer, download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6044993/Monomodular%20b992.zip

for raw files, download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6044993/b992%20release.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment