The aumhaa Website has been transported, please go here instead:

We don't hang around here anymore.....

Search This Blog


Maybe I got a little carried away

I started working on the APC40 portion of the scripts, and, well, kind of got lost in it for a few days.  I'm glad I took the time to do it, though.  I've worked out all the little bugs that the Python scripts were causing me, and now it pretty much works flawlessly.

Best of all, I figured out how to port all of the device_name dictionaries from the _Generic consts of the _Framework portion of the Python scripts over to javascript and m4l.  To those of you who don't know what that means (which, lets hope, is most of you...for your own sakes):  we now are able to get the same kind of readout for an HUD that you can get with, oh, say, a Remote25SL or a Mackie control, directly through m4l and this script.  Until Ableton changes that portion of the scripts, anyway.

So now the HUD works pretty flawlessly as well...whatever device you select will show correct parameter names and parameter values based on the dictionary, and if its not contained in the dictionary, the script looks it up through the API.  This makes the script faster, and above all: accurate.

I spent some time making sure the HUD displays correctly on any monitor.  I really need some feedback on this one, especially from Windows users.  I pretty much do everything on two identical MacBooks, so not a lot of good testing it here.   I'll add the capability of changing its size a little later.

Oh, and I added the capability of using Monomodular with the stock APC40 script, so if you're not using Hanz's version, you can still use Monomod.

I'll be porting the HUD over to a standalone when I've had some feedback from users and get the time to work on it.  The plan is to write a Python script that will basically emulate any 8 knob device controller, and give feedback through an identical HUD to the one I'm using for the APC.  Thus, if you have a Nocturn, Korg Nano, etc, etc, this will work for them with minimal setup.

The patches are almost done, I should have them published by Monday if all goes well.  I'm going to try to create an installer for OSX that will put everything where it goes, along with the abstracts for creating your own patches.  I don't have a clue (or an inclination) to do this on Windows, but if someone knows how and is interested in helping out, let me know.  I can always use help.

Oh, and the swell guys down at Livid were good enough to loan me an Ohm64 to work with, so we'll have support for that in the near future.

After the new revision is released, I'm going to start documenting how everything works with them here on the blog page, so keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment